AgriCord looking for Financial and Administrative Manager
AgriCord is an alliance of “agri-agencies”. Agri-agencies are non-profit organisations for International Co-operation and Partnerships with structural links to the farmers’ organisations in their home countries. The agri-agencies cooperate with more than farmers’ organisations in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America & the Caribbean for their organisational development, to improve their services to farmers, to run their economic businesses in a more efficient, sustainable and transparent way and to represent farmers’ voices in value chains and with policy makers. Together they support yearly 600 farmers’ organisations, reach more than 1.000.000 smallholders yearly, have more than 500 specialised advisors in the field, facilitate worldwide peer-to-peer exchanges between organised farmers.
Twelve agri-agencies are currently involved, from Asia (1), Belgium (2), Brazil (1), Canada (Québec, 1), Finland (1), France (2), Germany (1), Senegal (1), Spain (1) and Sweden (1).
AgriCord operates as a network, with a small central office based in the European centre of Brussels, currently working with 8 staff members. AgriCord organises the international “farmer-to-farmer” cooperation, facilitates joint learning, quality reviews, innovation and tools; coordinates joint scaling of actions and manages a multi donor envelope of programmes for its members. As a network, AgriCord manages “Farmers Fighting Poverty”, a comprehensive framework programme for support to farmers’ organisations in low-income countries according to different, relevant themes as determined by farmers.
As we are currently expanding our organisation and reviewing our strategy and business models, we are looking for a
Financial and Administrative Manager
F/M/X, 100% fulltime equivalent, based in Brussels (Belgium)
You are part of the management team of AgriCord and you report to the CEO of AgriCord.
- You are responsible for development and implementation of the annual and multi-annual financial plan coherent with the annual action plan and the strategy of AgriCord
- You take the lead in making and analysing budgets and accounts
- You are a team player and support the other directors of the management team of AgriCord to take the right financial and other strategic and programmatic decisions, based on your clear financial insights and information
- You take the lead in budgeting and contracting during the co-design for new innovative programmes and partnerships
- You provide and monitor a risk management tool and report on the major risks for AgriCord
- You are responsible for strategic, financial negotiations with our financial partners (in close coordination with the strategic partnerships facilitator of AgriCord)
- You contribute to the statutory governance of AgriCord
You lead and develop further the internal control mechanisms of AgriCord
- You lead the institutional and programme audits
- You support and facilitate the Audit Commission of the Board of AgriCord
- You assure that the AgriCord alliance’s set-up, finances and operations are compliant with legal requirement and internal procedures
- You provide information and analysis of the compliance and management capacity of members and partners
- You initiate and facilitate improvement processes with the team, our members and partners
You lead and support financial and administrative operations
- You deliver periodical financial reporting of programmes and overall budget
- You follow up all financial engagements and you signal timely problems
- You guarantee accurate bookkeeping
- You implement concrete checks of compliance
- You provide financial and administrative guidelines, manuals and trainings to members and partners
- You give ad hoc support to members for financial compliance when necessary
- You contribute to the preparation of contracts with our members, by facilitating the coherence between proposed budgets and the overall programme budget
- You have regular negotiations with present and new financial partners
- You are responsible to elaborate and follow-up the administrative duties and office organisation of AgriCord with your team
You coach a small team of an internal controller and a financial administrator and you are responsible for their performance review. When results are shown, this team for internal control will gradually grow from 2022 onwards and can be further strengthened in its strategic leadership.
Requirements and profile
Advanced university degree in economics and/or business management
-7 years of relevant experience in financial management, internal control and in managing teams in the international cooperation context
-Proficiency in English and French, both written and spoken
-Curiosity to learn more about AgriCord alliance and its members and partners businesses related to development cooperation in agriculture
-Capacity to gain fast knowledge of principles and practices of financial management and accounting for a non-profit organisation
-Experience with multi donor financial programme management and financial analysis
-In depth knowledge of accountancy, experience or fast learner in accounting software
-Strategic in financial business management
-Able to develop creative, innovative solutions
-Experience in financial programme proposal drafting
Management and planning capacities
-Excellent planning and organisational capacities
-Ability to work accurate, precise and efficient
-Experience in facilitation of change processes in an international context
-Proven ability to manage workload in eventful periods, while keeping high quality standards and respecting deadlines
-Prepared to go the extra mile and to take responsibility
Leader & team player
-Proven leadership capacities, pro-active management & solution driven
-Willing and able to think & act for the global organisational interest
-Ability to cooperate and be a constructive team member in an international team, working experience in a multicultural environment is a plus
-Able to work with more senior colleagues and key experts but also to coach more junior team members and foster accountability and an excellent work atmosphere
Experienced in financial multi-stakeholder management
-Proven facilitation and financial and contractual, consultation and negotiation capacities with partners. Looking continuously for cooperation
-Fluent communicator: having a well-developed listening capacity and expressive in justifying certain approaches, able to negotiate and able to accommodate when necessary.
-Able to develop trust (reliable relationships) with the management team, directors of our members, Board & external partners
We offer you an appropriate salary for this position, plus fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, end-of-year bonus, extended leave entitlements, group and hospitalisation insurance. Above all, this function gives you the chance to develop your content and actively participate in the support to global challenges of farmers, food & agriculture in an international context with the main actors in this scene.
Start date is subject to mutual agreement, and preferably in October 2021.
Application is to be forwarded in electronic form to Hannelore Beerlandt, Hannelore.Beerlandt@agricord.org, including a detailed CV, contact details, a letter of motivation, expected salary and names and contacts of three referees. Deadline is 25/09/2021.