Alliance welcomes new Italian agri-agency AEV to the AgriCord network
Agricoltura è Vita is the latest member of the AgriCord network. The name of the Italian member organisation means "Agriculture is Life" and refers to the value of agriculture as a common good, not only in economic production but also as an essential element of human life and the environment.
During the AgriCord General Assembly in Stockholm (May 2018), Cristina Chirico from AEV stressed the importance of the "Farmer to Farmer" interactions. "We firmly believe in the centrality of the Farmer to Farmer approach, and we will make available the experience and best practices of our Italian farmers to our colleagues in the South and the Agricord network."
The new AEV agri-agency aims at fostering the well-being of farmers and strengthening the foreign agricultural organisations. AEV intends to contribute to the achievement of the UN Millenium Development Goals, in particular regarding:
- 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- 4: Provide quality education, fair and inclusive, and learning opportunities for all
- 5. Achieve Gender Equality and empower all women and girls
- 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- 10.7: Facilitate orderly, safe, regular and responsible Migration and mobility of people.