As we are currently expanding our organisation and reviewing our strategy and business models, we are looking for a Chief Executive Officer. The position is a full-time position in Brussels, Belgium.
- You organise and manage the team and the processes in the secretariat ensuring a high-performing team
- You coordinate Agricord reporting to the Presidium and the Board of Directors
- You prepare the General Assembly and Board meetings in close coordination with the Presidium
- You enhance the alliance by supporting the Board in its role of diplomacy and managing diversity
- You are the face of AgriCord and develop high level contacts towards international stakeholders, ensuring donors trust and increased funding
- You develop and are actively engaged in the branding of AgriCord
- You ensure compliance and transparency
- You provide leadership and passion towards team and alliance
- You are responsible for suggesting and developing programs with the Agri Agencies and Farmers organisations with the growth of AgriCord as focus, ensuring we reach even more farmers in the global south.
Requirements and profile
- Advanced university degree in Agricultural Economics or other development-related sciences
- Leader & team player
- Proven leadership capacities, pro-active management & solution driven
- Can organise the secretariat and supervise and develop its staff
- Have strong diplomatic skills, both towards the inner and outer network of AgriCord
- Have good knowledge on the world and profession of development of Farmer Organisations and its funding
- Have good knowledge of donor priorities and have experience of advocating for increased funding benefitting smallholder farmers
- Able to develop trust (reliable relationships) with the management team, directors of our members, Board & external partners
- Be capable of branding Agricord and represent Agricord on very high level of funders
- Be fluent in English and French. Managing Dutch, Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset
- Have experience in program management and financial systems
- Have good knowledge and skills of Strategic Planning
We offer you an appropriate salary for this position, plus fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, end-of-year bonus, extended leave entitlements, additional pension fund (group insurance) and hospitalisation insurance. Above all, this function gives you the chance to develop your content and actively participate in the support to global challenges of farmers, food & agriculture in an international context with the main actors in this scene.
Start date is subject to mutual agreement
Questions on this position will be answered by the President of the Board Werner Schwarz email@example.com
Your application is to be forwarded in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org including a detailed CV, contact details, a letter of motivation, expected salary and names and contacts of three references.
Deadline is 05/12/2021