VACANCY: Community and office manager
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Responsible to let the AgriCord website live and regularly produce content to maintain it a lively communication tool
- Manage the AgriCord social media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Responsible for coordinating the bi- monthly newsletter to agri-agencies
- Support communication to GA, Board and committees.
- Support reporting on visibility activities
- Facilitate, support, edit and follow-up development of publications and other communication materials.
Events and meetings
- Organisation of different type of secretariat and alliance meetings (and development of scripts of the process), support to organization of events and, if relevant, external communication on this
- Responsible for organizing travels of AgriCord staff
- Write or support finalization of reports on meetings and quality control of reports
- Organisation (structure, archiving and sharing of documents, follow-up,…) of all documents and their accessibility by different bodies and stakeholders with specific attention to structuring and follow up of legal/ institutional/ administrative documents
- Structuring and follow-up of the progress of making procedures and policies for the secretariat and alliance, create awareness and update management team on regular basis
Administrative and logistic support
- Reception, logistics, post, internet, office and provision of proper work environment for staff and visitors
- IT materials (hardware, software) and monitor functionality with team, contact with service provider
- Coordination of translation processes and quality control of final translations and coordination of/with translators. Develop and maintain pool of informed translators.
- Monthly payroll handling, and maintain the personnel files of the central office team members
- support the CEO andthe Financial Manager with the implementation of HR practices and procedures for training, performance assessment and evaluation of central office team members
Transversal: the work will be done with respect for sustainable environment, inputs and conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or similar or equivalent through experience
- At least some relevant experience in communication or office management, preferably in an international environment
- Results oriented pro-active problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Excellent service-oriented team player
- Good knowledge of Dutch, English and French
- Self-starter, who assumes a high level of responsibility
- and can work effectively under pressure with tight deadlines
- For this position we offer you a competitive salary for the Belgian non-profit sector, plus fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, end-of-year bonus, extended leave entitlements, group and hospitalization insurance. Above all, this function gives you the chance to actively participate in supporting agriculture and rural life in an international context.
- We are an equal opportunity employer, striving towards a sustainable development
- Start date is subject to mutual agreement, but as soon as possible.
- Interested? Apply at once and before the 31st of January 2020 to Kris Goossenaerts, email@example.com, including a detailed CV, motivation letter and contact details.