Vacancy: Programme Manager
AgriCord is an alliance of 12 “agri-agencies” from Asia (1), Belgium (2), Brazil (1), Canada (Québec, 1), Finland (1), France (2), Germany (1), Senegal (1), Spain (1) and Sweden (1). Agri-agencies are non-profit organisations for International cooperation and Partnerships with structural links to the farmers’ organisations in their home countries. The agri-agencies cooperate with farmers’ organisations in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America & the Caribbean for their organisational development, to improve their services to farmers, to run their economic businesses in a more efficient, sustainable and transparent way and to represent farmers’ voices in value chains and with policymakers.
AgriCord operates as a network, with a small central office based in Brussels, and manages a multi-donor portfolio of programmes. We are currently expanding our organisation and programmes and looking for a Programme Manager
100% full-time equivalent, based in Brussels (Belgium)
The Programme Manager will be responsible for managing the implementation of programmes within AgriCord’s portfolio with a focus on a new global programme on action research and innovation on agroecology. S/he manages the reporting against program results frameworks, the necessary links with regional farmers’ organisations, the funding contract cycle, including donor communication related to the program implementation. In addition, s/he contributes to knowledge management and visibility activities, as well as internal and external communication of the alliance.
Most important tasks
Program cycle management
At donor level:
- support for the preparation of donor contracts, including gathering and consolidating information from the implementing organisations
- oversee and monitor the program implementation and produce technical progress reports
- plan and coordinate programme evaluations and knowledge management and capitalization activities together with the team
- ensure effective communication with the donor related to the program operations
At implementing partners level:
- communicate donor requirements to all implementing organizations in an effective manner, including designing and carrying out induction workshops and drafting programme manuals
- assure the quality of progress reporting and support the coordination of the monitoring data collection and consolidation
- ensure the compliance with the donor specific requirements in close cooperation with the financial team
- support missions to the field
- AgriCord alliance and network functioning
- facilitate contacts and cooperation with all relevant stakeholders
- coordinate the work of AgriCord alliance working groups
- support the preparation of alliance governance meetings and contribute to alliance level results monitoring and evaluations
Internal and external communication
- create content for AgriCord website and social media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) and draft newsletters for internal and external audiences
- organize visibility activities and events
- support the production of publications and other communication materials
- Master’s degree in agricultural/environmental sciences, rural development or other development related sciences
- Familiar with agroecology and natural resources management, the organised farmers’ world, agricultural innovation and action research, digital transformation, rural development, climate change related topics
- 3- 5 years of experience in managing multi-country EU programs
- Experience in steering and facilitating multi-stakeholder processes
- Strong writing skills and experience from technical reporting of complex EU programs
- Work experience outside the country of origin, ability to work in an international team and readiness to travel overseas 2-4 times a year
- Independent, flexible worker with a high level of stress tolerance needed to respond to quickly changing situations and to deliver on time respecting strict deadlines
- Fluency in English and French, both written and oral. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus
- Knowledge of financial program management is a plus
This function gives you the chance to grow professionally and actively participate in the agriculture and rural transformation in an international context. You will be part of a small but dynamic team of highly motivated colleagues in Brussels, as well as of an innovative network of global agencies and technical and financial partners.
We offer a competitive nonprofit sector salary, as well as fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, end-of-year bonus, extended leave entitlements, group and hospitalization insurance.
Start date is as soon as possible, subject to a mutual agreement.
Deadline for applications is 15/01/22.
Application (in English or French) to be sent in electronic form to Kris Goossenaerts (Kris.Goossenaerts@agricord.org), including a CV and a letter of motivation.
AgriCord is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.